RSS

SLEEP MY DARLING BABY

My kids are both in grade school. I thought I graduated “mommyhood 101”. But I guess not yet.

My younger sister just gave birth, late December 2009. Since it’s her first, she asked and continuously asking me questions on baby care like bathing, feeding, sleeping, etc. She is particularly concerned about sleeping habits. She dreads the idea of sleepless nights. Of course, I gave out my long list of experiences. But I was a bit hesitant since this is not my baby. And, and, my experiences have expired a decade ago.

I want to give my sister tips that are reliable and with scientific foundation. So I looked around and ran into Johnson’s Baby Bedtime.

Being raised with this product myself, I have a huge trust on what Johnson and Johnson’s has to say especially on giving babies better sleep.



(Copy and Post this seal to your blog or website to show your support to Johnson's Baby Bedtime Advocacy... Be a Believer!)

I assume we can all agree that sleeping is very important especially for baby’s growth. It’s a running joke/caution in our family every time we kiss the sleeping baby… “Tama na, ang brain development masisira”. I know there’s a truth behind this somewhere but never really understood.

According to a talk given by Johnson’s Baby Bedtime, growth hormones (for growth and development of all parts of the body) are highest during sleep – three times more than when a baby is awake. But not just at any point of sleep. Baby must reach the 4th to 5th level of Non-REM (Non-Rapid Eye Movement) stage of sleep before the growth hormones start maxing. So every time a baby’s sleep is interrupted there is a possibility that the 4th level of Non-REM is not achieved, therefore delaying the baby’s development and growth. Well, that’s basically the justification my sister needs to know stop lolos, lolas, titos, titas (especially me), and all excited family members from relentlessly kissing my sleeping niece.

Johnson’s Baby has come up with a three step pre-bedtime routine to improve baby’s sleep. When the routine is religiously practiced, it is clinically proven that babies sleep better.

Here are the 3 important steps by Johnson’s Baby Bedtime to bring babies to BETTER SLEEP.

STEP 1: Warm Bath







STEP 2: Massage




STEP 3: Quiet Time

Read a book or sing to your baby. Your voice will sooth your baby and will bring him to sleep. You can also play calming lullabies. Johnson's Baby Bedtime has brilliant downloadable lullabies that can help put your baby to sleep. Make sure that the room is quiet and calm. Also consider dim lighting to signal that it is sleep time.

Johnson’s Baby Bedtime has a lot more to say. You can even have a customized sleep profile of your baby and get tips to improve sleeping habits.

Now, this is my advice to my sister. Visit Johnson’s baby website to be sure.

1 comments:

Zach Smith said...

Great post! As new parents, there are specific challenges that must be faced. A good mattress can help improve the sleep experience of babies.

A tip that most parents should consider is letting the baby sleep on his or her back. This will prevent choppy breathing pattern.

http://www.bestmattressreviews.com