RSS

NEW TO ME: Just Learned to Convert "docx file to doc"

First time I encountered a "docx" file extension was when a supplier emailed me. I thought it was just a mistake, an “x” added to a doc file.

I’m using Windows XP and my computer just couldn’t open this “docx” file. So what was my solution? I asked my supplier to resend the document using “doc” extension, the “correct” extension, and so I thought.

But it wasn’t actually a mistake. It’s a default file extension for Windows 2007. Something my computer doesn’t have.

Then I realized I can’t always ask my suppliers and clients to resend every time I receive a docx file, right?

So I tried to find a way to convert these docx files to doc… without downloading any software.

I just learned this a couple of minutes ago. I’m sure I’m not alone in this… or I hope I’m not.

Here’s my super easy way to convert a docx file to doc.

Step 1: go to
www.zamzar.com
Step 2: click the “convert” tab. Then a 4-step instruction will appear.
Step 3: Fill in the blanks (file to be converted, file extension to be converted to (in my case ‘doc’), your email address, and press convert)
Step 4: Wait and check your email for the link to the converted version of your docx file.

Hurray!

Docx, no longer a threat!

0 comments: